- Only registered PLU Members can borrow books and materials. The service is limited to borrowing departments (Lending department, Children’s department, and branch libraries). Departments with professional books (except foreign languages books), Regional Heritage Department, and Periodicals are not available for check out,
- A checkout limit is up to three physical items at once. Children’s Department is limited to two items. Holders of children membership cards can borrow one book from the Lending department. Likewise, holders of the Lending department membership card can borrow one book from the Children’s department,
- You are not allowed to check out more than one copy of the same item,
- You are not allowed to check out more than two school reading books for the same grade,
- Members owning a monthly membership card/s are allowed to use materials in Library’s reading rooms only,
- Members can request resources from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan (ILL), respecting the rules of Library lending the material,
- A Member cannot exchange books issued on his/her behalf with any other Member(s),
- A Member can reserve items directly from a Librarian or via e-mail/online,
- Reserved items can be picked up at the Librarian’s desk.
The other borrowing arrangements and reservations are set forth by Rulebook on using library-information holdings, providing primary services and work with PLU members.